Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:32:42 -0400
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Adam Thornton wrote:

> I always thought frying was dependent on having RAM come up in an
> unpredictable state, and that therefore it wasn't replicable, except
> via lots and lots of power-switch-twiddling.

Fred's frying code calls rand() a lot, which makes it more-or-less
unpredictable.

But once it produces a "fried" effect, we can save the state of the
emulator. At that point, loading that state file will produce the same
fried state. If we're able to reproduce one of the classic frying effects,
we'll be able to use the debugger to understand what causes it.

--
B.