Re: [stella] New game concept

Subject: Re: [stella] New game concept
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:07:28 -0500
At 04:23 PM 11/19/00 -0800, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>>As Chris pointed out, I think you are limited in how you are going to draw
>>it on the screen.  If you do a 'zoomed' in view so that the tracks look
>>horizontal like Chris is suggested, I can be done without to much
>
>You could do a zoomed in view where the tracks are a slight arc.  If the
>arc were slight enough, then you could use playfield graphics for the whole
>thing.  The animation would be a little rough, though.

How about orienting the tracks vertically?  Then you could use a player,
missile or ball for the tracks, change colors as often as you want, give it
an arc, even sort of rotate the thing.

Even using the playfield, as long as the animation is kind of fast it
doesn't have to appear jerky.  That bad Ballblazer clone I started and
never finished looked sort of okay when you were moving, and I was using
the playfield for the grid on the ground.

I may be confused though, because what I'm envisioning is something like a
horizontal Klax.

Rob

kudla@xxxxxxxxx ... http://kudla.org/raindog ... Rob