Re: [jats-list] Preferred pronouns for authors

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Preferred pronouns for authors
From: "Pieter Lamers pieter.lamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 12:19:54 -0000
Actually I'm not interested in biological gender, just in grammatical
gender, which coincides with self-identified gender. It's just that a
gender property is out of bounds but a pronoun which is the spell out of
such a property is not, which I find strange and problematic. If someone
has a problem with a specified gender it can be /unspecified/, but if
one identifies with the female gender, then it is not possible to record
this in a language/term neutral way.

Best
Pieter