Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)

Subject: Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)
From: danboris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dan Boris)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 07:54:21 -0400
> The O^2's sprites were at a blockier resolution than the 2600.
>
> I don't think anything about the O^2 was better than the 2600.

Even though the O2 sprites are blockier, there are 4 independent 8x8 sprites and they can be moved with "normal" x and y registers unlike the 2600. You can also do sprite re-use on the O2 but it is not as flexible as the 2600. In comparing the 2600 and the O2, I would have to say that the 2600 is more powerful and flexible, but the things that CAN be done on the O2 can be done much easier then they could on the 2600.

								Dan Boris