Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:38:07 -0400 (EDT)
> In a shareware game released a few years ago for PCs that is very
> similar to Sabotage, there were little "intermissions" between rounds.
> Usually they consisted of a flying saucer coming over mountains in the
> distance and beaming up (abducting) the men surrounding your cannon.
> Very cute.  I seem to recall that very rarely something slightly
> different would happen with the flying saucer, but now I've forgotten
> what it was.  It was rare enough that the first time you saw it, it
> made you blink and say, did I really see that?  Oh, and I think if
> there weren't any men surrounding your cannon, a little delivery truck
> pulled up to deliver pizza.  If you really, really need me to, I can
> try to find time to dig up the game.

Night Raid, by Epic Megagames.  I came thisclose to registering it, but
never actually got aorund to sending out the money.  The pizza truck only
appeared after the 3rd wave if there were no enemy men on the ground, but
it was insanely cool when it did :)

> That would be neat.  I remember the paratroopers could be killed by
> debris in Sabotage sometimes.  Other helicopters could be destroyed
> to, leading to a nice chain reaction.  Actually, in the later levels
> it was best to concentrate on shooting the helicopters and just let
> the debris take care of the paratroopers.

Ditto for Night Raid.  I think it only had planes, though, no helicopters.
It also had cruise missiles where the game was immediately over if one hit
your cannon.  (but they were worth beaucoup points)