Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?

Subject: Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?
From: David Miller <dmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:32:57 -0500
I wrote a Python script to do the RTF2SGML, it works OK but I am not
altogether happy with it yet.  I'm pretty happy with the parser (which
loads the raw RTF into a Python object model), but pretty unhappy with
the DocBook renderer (which reads from the Python objects into DocBook).

For more info on Python:  http://www.python.org

My colleague wrote the Word template, which is tightly wedded to our
customer's needs.  (In fact, the Python script is also pretty tightly
tied to our particular customer.)  The Word template is pretty simple,
just a bunch of style buttons and a stylesheet.

And in terms of the discipline problem, well that's just a training
issue.  This particular user community already has some experience with
a similar application, and is pretty small anyway, so shouldn't be too
much of a problem for us.

Unfortunately the code I write is not my own... although if I get this
editable list thing working, I can probably release that since Jade is
not our product.

--
Dave