Re: (dsssl) OpenJade patches for latest JadeTeX?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade patches for latest JadeTeX?
From: hoenicka_markus <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:33:35 -0500
Hi,

>I cannot understand this. the file works fine for me

This is good. At least the patched OpenJade runs correctly on Cygwin.

>what is in your jadetex.cfg?

According to the log localtexmf/tex/jadetex/test/jadetex.cfg is picked up.
This is the unedited cfg file that ships with the macros. Does that need
any local editing?

>you are sure its not picking up rogue copies of files?

>sebastian

What I did to track this down:

Remove the existing TeX (MiKTeX 2.0) and install a previous release from
scratch (MiKTeX 1.20d). Recreate the format files and things -> same
problem.

Killed 1.20d and reinstalled 2.0 from scratch. Recreated format files ->
same problem.

Replaced jadetex 3.3 with jadetex 3.1, rebuilt format files -> same problem

Replaced jadetex 3.1 with 2.2, rebuilt format files -> works (with the
unpatched openjade binary)

As the macros apparently work fine for everyone else, this looks like a
MiKTeX specific problem. Is there any chance that the macros do not work
with a specific TeX implementation? I'll investigate in the MiKTeX mailing
lists and see if anyone else tried this.

If that is not successful: Is there any chance to debug this? I'm a casual
TeX user with next to none knowledge about the internals. Are there any
documents out there that explain *debugging* macros?

regards,
Markus